Terms and Conditions for the Purchase of Tickets from Unique Events
WHO WE ARE
Unique Events Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland with company number SC132639 and having its registered office at Gladstone House, 6a Mill Lane, Leith, Edinburgh, Lothian, EH6 6TJ is the “Promoter” of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events -
the “Torchlight Procession”, the “Hogmanay Street Party” , the “Concert in the Gardens”, “Old Town Ceilidh” “Candlelit Concert in St Giles’ Cathedral” the “Loony Dook”, the “Night Afore Concert”, “Sprogmanay”, “Tim Burgess in Conversation” and New Year’s Day “Scot:Lands” each an “Event” and together the “Events”).
The "Ticket Holder" is the person who is in possession of a ticket, either purchased or otherwise, to any of the Events. The “Venue” is the area where an Event is scheduled to take place at.
Any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions should be raised with the Promoter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone by calling the Box Office on 0844 573 8455 prior to the purchase of a ticket for an Event, please note calls cost between 2p to 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge. Mobile networks charges may be more expensive.
Purchase and/or use of a ticket/s, to any Event/s shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Any terms and conditions printed on an Event ticket, or posted at an Event is deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE EVENTS
- The Ticket Holder undertakes to observe and uphold these Terms and Conditions. Where the Ticket Holder breaches any of the Terms and Conditions the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the ticket/s, remove the Ticket Holder from the Event and retain all monies paid by the Ticket Holder.
- A valid ticket, wristband or pass to the applicable Event must be carried at all times. Failure to produce a ticket, wristband or pass, when so requested by Event staff, may result in the person being removed from an Event, without right to any ticket refund. Lost or misplaced tickets will not be replaced by the Promoter under any circumstances.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to an Event without refund, any Ticket Holder who (i) fails to produce proof of identity or age on request; (ii) is under the influence of alcohol or drugs (in the reasonable opinion of any staff member at an Event); (iii) may provoke a breach of the peace; (iv) may jeopardize safety and enjoyment of other Event attendees; and/or (v) may damage the reputation and goodwill associated with the Event/s.
- Please note that ticket for all Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events cannot be returned or refunded unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
- The Promoters reserve the right to amend Event schedules, scheduled performers and performance timings (advertised or otherwise) without prior notice and without liability. No refunds or compensation will be offered to a Ticket Holder for the non-appearance of any advertised (or otherwise) Event performer.
- By purchasing a ticket and attending an Event, Ticket Holders consent to being photographed, filmed and sound recorded as part of an Event audience (without payment), and to the Ticket Holder’s image being used by the Promoter in all matters relating to the Event and any future promotions.
- If an Event is cancelled for reasons out with the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to inclement weather conditions, strikes or labour disputes, fire or flood, then the Promoter shall refund the face value of the ticket . Any charges made by the box office/supplier at the point of purchase of the ticket will not be refunded.
- Admission to an Event and associated areas are at the Ticket Holder's own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability to a Ticket Holder for any loss, injury or damages sustained within a Venue or any associated areas (other than negligence by the Promoter which gives rise to personal injury or death.) The Promoter will not be liable to a Ticket Holder for any special, indirect or consequential damages resulting from attendance at an Event.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter.
- All festival tickets and wristbands may not be sold, resold or used for any promotional purpose without the written agreement of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay.
- For some events, tickets may be sold as part of a "Package" (where a ticket for an event(s) is sold together with concessions, merchandise or other valuable benefits such as exclusive arrangements, as an inclusive package at an inclusive price).
- Calls to the official Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Box Office on 0844 573 8455 cost between 2p to 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge. Mobile networks charges may be more expensive
- To purchase Item(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- We aim to dispatch tickets prior to mid-November. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for a particular event. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived 10 days before the event (or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave on your journey), please contact the Box Office. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is made under.
- We reserve the right to make tickets available for collection by you at the official box office. We will notify you by telephone or email of the arrangements for collection (using the details provided by you at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary. You may be required to provide your booking confirmation email and your photo ID to collect tickets.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled. If an event is cancelled we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
- The price for the products that you order will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received except in the case of obvious error. All prices currently advertised are not inclusive of delivery charges: the prices associated with each method of delivery are advised to you during the check out-process, before any purchase is completed. You can check your delivery charges for your basket prior to check-out and completion of purchase.
- All prices currently advertised are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We currently do not offer VAT exemption for international customers or any geographical regions. The grand total of the order is the price of the product(s) ordered plus the delivery charge.
- We currently only accept the following payment cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro/Solo. The price charged to customers outside of the United Kingdom will be subjected to the exchange rate applied by the customer's credit or debit card company. The rates are not defined or determined by us. Your debit or credit card will be charged once you submit your order.
- By submitting a credit or debit card number, you represent and warrant that your use of the particular card is authorised and that all information that you submit is true and accurate, and you authorise us to charge to the card tendered all amounts payable by you to us based on the products ordered.
- You may be subject to validation checks and/or third party authorisations during the ordering process.
- You are personally liable for any orders that you place and charges that you incur.
- Where appropriate, we collect and hold your name, address, email address, payment details and similar information relating to you, which will hereafter be referred to as ‘personal data’. In particular, we may collect and store personal data from you when you are purchasing tickets and/or goods through the Website in order to process your transaction.
- If we have received your permission to do so, we will from time to time use personal data to inform you of our latest news, information, services, offers, etc. and the services of third parties.
- Our guiding principle is that your personal data is only held to allow us to support and improve your customer relationship with us. If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, please email email@example.com. We will investigate complaints, act on emails claiming unjustified exploitation of data, and take such further action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
- When you are purchasing tickets and/or goods we will provide you with the option to store your payment details against your account, for the ease of any future payment made by you. You will also have the option to stop us retaining your payment details at any time.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.