Stoats Loony Dook SOLD OUT
Do you dare start 2017 with a dook in the fr-fr-eezing waters of the River Forth?
What’s It All About
Parade and Dook times to be announced in the early Autumn.
Welcome 2017 with a splash by taking part in the breath-taking Loony Dook at South Queensferry – for 30 years thousands of ‘Dookers’ have taken part in the annual dip in the freezing River Forth in the shadow of the world-famous Forth Bridges.
What To Expect
Check-in from 10.45am
Dookers parade 12.45pm
Dookers will march the length of the High Street as part of the Dooker Parade before plunging themselves into the freezing Firth of Forth raising tens of thousands of pounds for charities across the UK.
Spectators are welcome to cheer on the Dookers at various vantage points along the route or down on the beach. South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants, all open on New Year’s Day.
And if that wasn't enough...All Dookers can enjoy a hot fresh porridge, courtesy of Stoats!
- Fancy Dress is BEST!
- Wear shoes to enter the water (stony beach)
- South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants, all open on New Year’s Day (1st of Jan 2017)
- Last year’s event was a total SELL-OUT!
- Dookers must buy a ticket in advance and check-in on the day (no ticket sales at event)
- Family and friends are encouraged to get down to the beach early to support the Dookers
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please bring a warm change of clothing
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder’s bags and clothing for security reasons
Stagecoach Bus Services will also be running buses back and forth to the event. For more information on timetables click HERE