Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events are enormously popular, always attract great crowds and are also incredibly safe. We have stewards and medical officers at all events to assist you but please remember, you can also do your bit to make sure we all have a happy and safe New Year.
A word from G4S:
We're here to assist you!
G4S EVENTS has been supplying security and stewarding to the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay festival, including the Street Party since it began in 1993. Our team’s priority is to make it a night to remember for all the right reasons. G4S personnel are responsible for entrances, thoroughfares and exits to help you enter, walk around the site easily and safely, and help you leave by the most appropriate route. We check you have a ticket and wristband to manage the number of people entering the Street Party arena and to create a place suitable for everyone to enjoy the festivities. If we can’t let you in because you’ve had too much to drink, remember this is for your own safety, not because we want to spoil your fun. Lookout for us, the yellow jackets worn by our staff are ‘highly visible’ and we will do everything we can to assist you. We want you to be safe and enjoy yourselves and will do our best to answer your questions, help you out if you have a problem or point you in the right direction if you get lost. See you on the 31st.
Here's some helpful DO's and DON'Ts to help you have the best Edinburgh's Hogmanay possible:
- DO get there early, live entertainment from 9pm – NO ENTRY after 11pm. Ticket Holders are advised to come early. Entry to the Hogmanay Street Party Venue is not guaranteed by a specific gate.
- DON’T forget your ticket & wristband – you won’t get into the ticketed arenas without them
- DON’T bring or accept drugs, banned substances, or “legal highs” (legal doesn’t mean safe)
- DON’T bring any glass including bottles
- DON’T bring any container over 500ml
- DON’T expect entry if you have had too much to drink. You will be refused.
- DO appreciate that bags may be searched on entry for safety reasons
- DO drink responsibly
- Management shall continue to reserve the right to refuse entry
Bear in Mind:
- This is a very busy, all-standing, outdoor festival event so please dress for the weather
- Street Party tickets do not allow access into the Concert in the Gardens or the Old Town Ceilidh events or any other advertised Festival events
- There will be access to extensive range of outdoor bars, street food and toilets throughout the arena
- No persons under 12yrs permitted at the Street Party. Those with children under 12yrs looking to join the celebrations should attend the Old Town Ceilidh or Concert in the Gardens which are more accessible events.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age
- To look after your friends, arrange meeting points in case you become separated
With Thanks to:
Used by Unique Events Limited under sub-licence from G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited. The G4S Logo is the registered trade mark of G4S plc.